Friday, February 26, 2010

Not making this up

I completed the online maternity pre-registration at the hospital where we'll be having the baby. After asking me to enter my due date the next question was, "Is this work comp related?" Uh, NO. It's pretty disturbing to imagine any scenario in which pregnancy could be work comp related.

3 comments:

  1. huh??????

    seriously? can you make any connections at all, because I am drawing a blank here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also online pre-registration available for people who have other types of hospital stays planned (for example, orthopedic surgeries, etc.) So, they would need to enter the Workers Comp insurance information if it were related to an on-the-job injury. It's just funny that the question was still there since it was clear I was pre-registering for labor and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious knowing what WE know about work comp!!! Super funny, Allison. MISS you. So happy to have your blog, your little Eli is SOO darling. I can't believe your crazy birth story, you poor thing. Labor is awful but to go through all of that THEN c-section and have your sweet little guy in the NICU must have been so hard. I miss you!!! I'm so happy to have your blog!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete