Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What happens in Vegas...ends up on the blog.

I got together in Vegas this last weekend with ten AMAZING friends from freshman year at BYU. I felt like I was eighteen again but without the anxiety over grades and guys. Basically, it was the best weekend of my life (with the notable exception of the weekend we got married/went on a honeymoon.) I got less sleep than I did when Eli was a newborn but didn't care because we were having such a great time.

We hit all the Vegas highlights--Cirque du Soleil show KA at MGM Grand, dancing at Studio 54, shopping, shopping, more shopping--and that was just Friday. On Saturday we died and went to heaven (AKA the Spa at the Cosmpolitan) where we were somehow managed to score a private spa suite. We're talking relaxation pools, whirlpools, saunas, steam rooms, cool mist rooms, fancy showers, fluffy robes all with a concierge attending to our every whim. And then there were the pedicures, facials and massages that made us forget that we'd ever wiped snotty noses and packed lunches.

On the Strip
At the Omni Studio 54







--Spa Day--







--Wicked Spoon Buffet at the Cosmpolitan--





All the crazy, exhausting, hilarious adventures were unforgettable but truly the best part was just getting together and talking. I know I speak for everyone when I say it's just good for the soul to get together with the girls and get our chat on. A special thanks to our husbands who took over in our absence.

1 comment:

  1. How FUN! That answers my burning question of how your weekend was..... :)

    ReplyDelete