Monday, April 25, 2011

Bad News

I stumbled upon (via wordofwisdomliving.com) a video of a lecture given by a doctor at UCSF detailing the effects of sugar on the body. It's terrible news for dessert-lovers, like Paul and me. Turns out, sugar is even worse for you than you thought. The information he presents is REALLY fascinating, even if it means you'll never enjoy brownies or soda with the same naive, semi-guilt-free bliss as before.
FYI, the video is 1.5 hours long but I swear that it's worth the time investment to watch it.

3 comments:

  1. I read that site too. I totally don't want to watch the video cause I don't want to have to change. Ignorance is bliss, right? Ugh. Now I'm going to have to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This same video sparked a lively conversation over Easter dinner at our house. I haven't watched it yet, but I will now. Thanks... or not??? I agree with the comment above. Ignorance is bliss. But we owe it to our kids NOT to be ignorant, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this before. a couple times. It seems like someone brings i up I have stumbled across it once every year. It's about time I watched it again! I always get a renewed sense of vigor in the fight against sugar. Sugar is for sure a drug. Is this video also linked to sugarisadrug.com??? Lots of good info on that site.

    so, what are you doing about it?

    ReplyDelete